Sunday, February 17, 2008

AUSTRALIA...HERE I COME!!!

Dearest Zuli and Jessica,
I am finally leaving for my much anticipated 2 month trip to Australia and New Zealand.
Thank goodness SKYPE kept me connected to Rebecca, Eric, Jake and Oliver every single day for hours at a time. I felt much more connected to them than I could ever have imagined.
In addition, as I mentioned...I took a full time job selling jewelry which I adored and it kept me busy at all times. That is what I needed. (MY sister Sherry goes to Florida from November-May)
The children are more amazing than ever and if you have been following their websites, Oliver is another Jake. Magnificent!!!!
I could not bring myself to go to Hoboken. I tried one day and it was too emotional for me.
The children are adoring this experience and they are all thriving. So as a Mom, I couldn't be happier. Thank goodness Harvey and I are like 2 peas in a pod, so we just clinged to one another.
Lesson learned: What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
When I came off my cruise last July and Rebecca told me that the family was leaving in October to go to Australia for a year, I thought that someone punched me in the stomach!
Crying,I begged her to leave me Jake. She said she couldn't split up her family, and I felt "How could she do this to me".
But you are never too old to learn and I came to realize the big picture and that they are a family unit who sometimes needs to do things on their own. And miraculously...I am surviving.
The kids, Eric and Rebecca are waiting with great anticipation for me to come. Shortly after, Harvey will join me and when we leave for our cruise to New Zealand, the Rubensteins will be visiting and then Rebecca's best friend Allisyn.
So before long we will be back into the loving cocoon of Hoboken...and our first stop will be seeing both you Zuli and you Jessica.
All my love,
Jake's Nana
Oliver's Nana
Beyond Basics Nana
Roberta

No comments: